Crunchy & Moist Brownie
I like my brownies crunchy on the outside but still super soft and moist in the middle. I've tried a few brownie recipes and have combined it all into this perfect recipe. You may add white choc, milk choc, nuts, marshmellows, anything!
Write a review
- 125g butter (melted)
- Extra melted butter for greasing pan
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) soft brown sugar
- 125g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 35g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional: 150g (1 1/4 cup) walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C (or 160C fan-forced).
- Grease a square cake/brownie tin with the melted butter and line the base of the pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Place butter, brown sugar and chocolate in a large saucepan and stir over medium heat until well combined (or zap it 20 secs at a time in the microwave oven. With a cover on).
- Remove from heat and beat in the eggs using a wooden spoon.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder into the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until firm and until a few crumbs cling to a skewer when it's inserted into the centre.
Bake you smile http://bakeyousmile.com/