This is my new tried and tested raw cacao balls recipe! The last one I posted HERE was a bit too dry for my liking. This recipe is more similar to the texture of Pana Chocolate – I’m still on a mission to find a recipe that mimic it!
What I did differently:
- Added honey for sweetness
- Soaked the dates before blending
- Added hazelnut for aromatic taste
- Added more coconut oil
I doubled the recipe to make as much as you seen in the bowl! They get eaten up pretty fast when I bring these treats to the office.
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup nuts (I used almonds & hazelnuts)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Desiccated coconut to coat
- Honey to taste (approx 3 tablespoons)
- Soak dates in warm to hot water for 15 minutes
- Blend almonds and hazelnuts on high speed until they reach a fine crumb/meal texture.
- Remove nuts from bowl and set aside.
- Blend dates, cacao powder, half of the shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds until it reaches a smooth texture.
- Add the ground nuts and blend together until combined.
- Once the mixture is completely combined, remove the mixture from the processor with a spoon and roll into small balls.
- Coat in desiccated coconut and store in an airtight container in the fridge or you can simply eat straight up!